From Wyoming Farmers' Market:
Nancy Ellwood from the MSD of Greater Cincinnati will be at Market this week with a team to survey Market goers interest in a rain barrel program. The survey is short, just 3 questions, and you can learn about using a rain barrel to water your garden.
The Market book group meets at Gabby's tomorrow night at 8pm to chew over Fast Food My Way by Jacques Pepin.
Be sure to see our farmers this week:
* Mohr Animal Acres—Chicken, beef, pork, goat, lamb, eggs, goat’s milk fudge, cheeses, goat’s milk soaps and lotions.
* RJ Veggies— Sweet corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet onions, sweet peppers, hot peppers, green beans, new potatoes, kohlrabi, fennel, herbs, kale, collard greens, beets. We checked the watermelons today and some are ready. We will have some flowers.
* Walnut Ridge—Tomatoes & Cantaloupe-will be available at the Market tent, they are taking care of family today.
Don’t miss our cottage vendors:
* Blackbird Pond—Soap, shampoo bars (great for traveling!) sachets, facial steams, herbal foot bath, potpourri, lavender bath salts and sachets, and moth repelling sachets.
* Blue Oven Bakery-A variety of artisan breads baked in a wood-fired oven.
* Donna's Gourmet Cookies—A variety of cookies, brownies, iced cookies and granola. Assorted Quiches and croissants (chocolate, and ham and cheese).
* Five Star Foodies-prepared vegan entrees, soups, and drinks.
* La Terza Coffee—Whole bean and ground locally roasted coffee in half-pound and 1-pound bags. Indian Monsooned Malabar, Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, New Guinea Purosa, Brazil Daterra Estate Villa Borghesi, Decaf Brazil. Will be taking orders for Cup of Excellence Columbian and naturally grown decaf-Brazil Daterra Estate Opus One. Espresso drinks on site.
* Sweet Miss Confections— In honor of National Junk Food Day, which is an opportunity to guiltlessly eat your favorite Junk Food, I will have tons of Carmelious Corn, new packaging, now using bio-degradable packages! Also;ChocolateTruffles, Shortcakes, made with Snowville Creamery Cream! Also Crazy Raisin Cranberry Granola.
* Taste of Belgium—Authentic Belgian waffles to eat on-site or take home.
Now Accepting plastic (the very reusable kind) !
A new terminal at the Market Information Booth will allow shoppers to swipe a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or electronic food stamp card. Market tokens are 19 for $20; cash bonus, buy 19, get 1 free. Ohio Direction users may purchase any amount of tokens they need. No more worries about running out of cash!
Won’t You Be Our Friend?
Look for the Wyoming Ave Farmers’ Market’s page on Facebook and join our online community! Get up-to-the-minute updates on Market Day -- follow us on Twitter (WyomFarmMkt)